Dry Needling and Foot Pain
Dry needling is a treatment used to help deal with painful, tight muscles or bands of muscles. Here are six basic facts about dry needling you may not know!
1. Dry needling uses acupuncture needles to help release trigger points inside of a painful muscle.
2. Dry needling is performed by a Podiatrist who has undergone further training in the area.
3. It is usually much less painful than expected and is usually regarded as a dull ache or heaviness rather true pain.
4. There is a lot of great evidence behind dry needling especially for heel pain
5. Dry needling can be used by itself or in combination with other treatments such as foot orthotics, strength training, footwear modification or a comprehensive rehabilitation plan.
6. Dry needling is usually performed 1 or 2 times per week and is usually completed over a course of 4-6 weeks.
All Podiatrist's at The Foot Clinic Podiatry are fully qualified in performing dry needling for all of your foot and ankle pain needs and will also complete full assessments to ensure that it is safe and right for you! If you would like further information on dry needling, expectations or your foot pain, book online